For thousands of years, China has dominated in the world. China was only left behind for recent hundreds of years. In order to get back national confidence, ZCCA decided to hold a Chinese New Year Party. Chinese lanterns as a symbol of Chinese culture will be presented at the party.
Date and time:
Lunar date: Dec. 24th
Saturday at 4pm, Jan. 29th
Goal: to celebrate Chinese New Year and promote Chinese culture
Meaning: 1. To reveal overseas Chinese getting together and homesickness
2. Light up lanterns, handsel them to each other, and distribute red packets to reveal Chinese culture and tradition
3. In compare with the falling ball in the time square, our lanterns sound new but traditional.
4. Lanterns are not only a symbol for Chinese New Year but also a meaning of solidarity.
5. Let Chinese New Year Party become a festival for overseas Chinese, so that we can create more business opportunities.
6. A gathering of the mainland, Taiwan, and Hong Kong
7. Cooperate with Congresswoman Grace Meng, Guangrui Meng, and Ailun Yang to set Chinese New Year as a New York State Holiday.
1. Opening Drum
2. Announce beginning
3. Giving thanks to sponsors
4. The president of ZCCA holds a speech.
5. Mr. Yu holds a speech
6. The business representatives holds a speech
8. Mr. Gu holds a speech
9. Ms. Meng holds speech
10.Mr. Cao announces lighting ceremony
11. Hosts and guests light the lanterns
13.Mr. Cao announces
15.Handseling red packets, lanterns, and candies